Thursday 28 June 2018

12 Days of Homemade Christmas I Spy Christmas

12 Days of Homemade Christmas I Spy Christmas



Every now and then, I see "I Spy" bottles around the web: basically a water bottle filled with little treasures and rice. Kids take the bottles and move them around to find (spy) all the different little things inside.  So, I decided to make a Christmas version in a bulb.  I think  its pretty neat.

First, you gather up all of your objects.  I used a bunch of Christmas buttons and things.

Then, you put them in a clear bulb.  Its worth noting that this is a plastic bulb, not a glass one.  I wouldnt give a two-year-old a glass bulb; Im not crazy.

Make sure you write a list of all the things in the bulb so your child knows what theyre looking for (and so you dont forget).

Then, fill it with rice and put a bow on it.  I didnt fill mine all the way up so there was still room for the rice to move about.  Also, Id highly recommend hot gluing or super gluing the top onto your ornament so Junior cant pull the top off and pour rice all over your house (or choke on small things).

Thats it! For a harder version, you could paint almost the entire bulb, leaving just a window for the kids to find the objects in.  I may do that at some point down the line, but for now, this version works just fine!

Thats it!  Pretty easy.  And pretty fun.



visit link download

No comments:

Post a Comment