Friday 27 July 2018

12 Days of Homemade Christmas Doily Treat Cone

12 Days of Homemade Christmas Doily Treat Cone



Day 11! Im almost there! A week ago, twelve days of blogging with real projects seemed impossible.  Now, Ive only got one more day.  Ive got tomorrows ornament started, but Im not 100% sure its going to work.  If it doesnt, I dont know what Ill do.  Except maybe accept defeat at my self-challenge.  But I really dont want to do that, so keep your fingers crossed that it goes well.

Today is a simple doily hanger.  I filled mine with greenery, but you could put all kinds of things: fluffy feathers, mini candy canes, flowers.  I bet you could even use it to hold some kind of little gifts.

I started out by painting a doily with gold metallic paint.  I only did one coat on each side, and you could still see some of the doily paper peeking through in some spots.  But I wasnt in the mood to paint anymore, so I decided I liked a rustic look.

Cut a slit in your doily from one edge to the center.  Gold doilies are so pretty.  I might have to find more use for them in my life.

Roll your doily into a cone and glue the edge in place.

Glue a nice ribbon in an arch over the top of your cone.  Can you picture this filled with wrapped peppermints or something? So cute.  Maybe you could even use these on gifts in place of bows.

Fill it with whatever you chose, and voila!



visit link download

No comments:

Post a Comment