Wednesday 1 August 2018

12 Days of Handmade Christmas Pringles Can Shadow Box

12 Days of Handmade Christmas Pringles Can Shadow Box


 

I almost gave up on my 12 Days of Handmade Christmas series today...on Day 2.  But I cant be that much of a quitter.  And Ive still got an hour and fifteen minutes left in the day, so I rallied.  To bring you....the Pringles Can Shadow Box Ornament.

One day, I was eating some Pringles, and I discovered that an empty Pringles can is exactly the right size to hold two cans of beer.  You never know when that knowledge might come in handy.

Also, though, the empty can gave me another idea: A Christmas shadow box.  Heres how you do it.

First - and this is definitely the best step - get a can of Pringles and eat all of them. This is the only time Ive ever purchased multigrain Pringles, but dont I look healthy?

Cut off the bottom of the can.  I used a bread knife.

Next, add some snow.  My snow is that cotton-y stuff that came inside a jewelry box.  Ignore the beads in the back there, they dont come in until the next step.

Poke some holes in the top of the can.  The pumpkin carving tool I still hadnt put away from Halloween came in handy for this.

String some beads on fishing line, then thread that through the holes you just made.

Add some decorations.  I went with all silver and sparkly, but then I decided to add some color.  I bet you can find some clever stuff to put in your Pringles can.

Cover the edge of your can with some pretty paper.  I found this embossed paper in the scrapbooking aisle of the craft store.  Then, glue some shiny cord to the raw edge of your can to hide the rough part.  Nobody will ever know this started out as a chip can.

And there it is, hanging on the tree.  I love that perky little guy; he was a good addition to the scene.  Not too shabby for a leftover snack container, huh?

Check back tomorrow for day 3 of the 12 Days of Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments.



visit link download

No comments:

Post a Comment